Saturday, January 4, 2014

The More Monster

Yesterday I was out with the kids. We were going to Chick Fil A, and my daughter got some ice cream. Now Ice cream is definitely in an avoid category, but as I am getting it ready for her, I asked "can I have a bite" I take a bite of the cold creamy deliciousness with a trace of chocolate syrup- just the way I like it. I hand it to her, and continue driving. My happy mouth turns dangerous- " . . more .  ." it whispered. Again and again, louder, pleading "MORE". Why, hadn't I already succumbed enough. Didn't I appreciate the treat I had already had, why did I need more? Ahh, because it is a monster. Food eated purely for taste, doesn't satisfy; at least not for me. So what did I do? (yes I had another small bite)  but better than that, I started some self coaching. Do not ask me to do that- "taste it, don't eat it" is my current approach for those magical sweet moments, but giving in, buying a large shake? no- It isn't worth it, thanks anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment