Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Good Morning 2014- Oatmeal Please

When starting a new year, new you eating plan- what comes to mind first?? Oatmeal for breakfast right?? I have been trying to make changes to our eating, then last night as I brainstormed ways to celebrate it was discouraging that every light bulb was shatter by "ya, but I can't eat that". I like to have fun, I like to do cool things. Well this morning was awesome.

 We took:

And turned it into this:


Now someday I will be cool enough to use my own pics, but here is the idea. We called it "oatmeal sundays".
 I prepared the table with the following toppings (very minimal prep):
  • Milk
  • Pure Maple Syrup
  • Cinnamon
  • Ground Walnuts
  • Raisins
  • Granola
  • Mini Chocolate Chips
  • Dehydrated Cherries
  • Strawberry Jam
Then I served each person a plain bowl of oatmeal, and you can guess the rest. With a little portion control lessons, this is going to be an awesome fun breakfast for years to come. So fun, guilt free, clean eating!
I Love it! and when five year old boy exclaims "this is delicious!" while eating oatmeal, maybe these changes won't be as painful as I thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment